Vegas for my birthday!
My twin sister decided my wife and I needed to meet her and her husband in Las Vegas for our birthday, and have a long weekend enjoying the place.
While I like to travel, and this being my first trip to Vegas, I can say that it is not on my top list of places to visit. There are several issues I have with Vegas, all are just personal preferences about what I like to do, see and not be subjected to.
List of things I do not like about Vegas:
- Cigarette smoke (I cannot stand having to walk through the casino floor)
- Being around drunk people (generally they act really stupid and annoying)
- large crowds (especially when many of them are drunk and acting stupid)
- Someone trying to hand me something all the time (I really do not want to go to the strip club)
- People asking if I want to see a show about every 10 feet. (If I wanted to see a show I would purchase some tickets)
- I am not a gambler (I can waste my money on better things)
(If I did gamble I could not stand being in a smoke filled room doing it)
I did enjoy some parts of Vegas, but there are many I cannot stand.
There are a lot of neat things to see in Vegas, some interesting shows to watch (most are way over priced), and the hotels have very elaborate themes.
List of things I did like about Vegas:
- The hotel decor (Cesar Palace, The Belagio, The Venetian, etc...)
- The wide selection of places to eat (ones that I have not been to before)
- Visiting Hoover Dam (which was probably the most exciting part of the whole trip)(I know it is not in Vegas)
- The shops/stores (mainly ones that we do not have locally)
I was not impressed with the NY NY hotel, I think it is overpriced, and the accommodations are lacking. It is no better that staying in a Holiday Inn Express except it costs more.
You are charged a 20 per day resort fee, which makes the seemingly decent price for the room, not worth the stay. your $79 room turns into a $110 room after fees and taxes.
The food selection in the hotel was very lacking, and not really New York-ish, sure it had Nathans Hot dogs, a pizza place, an Irish Bar. It did not have a deli sandwich shop, coffee carts, and many other things you would really associate with New York.
Well enough complaining about Las Vegas, some people seem to really enjoy it, and I guess other can careless about the place. So if you like Vegas, go and have your fun, but I will be going somewhere else.